STOP THE PRESS!!!
Did you know that you can treat pimples with a banana skin?!
There are sooo many products on the market to treat pimples or acne, yet they can be very expensive, ineffective and drying to the skin. This is where this simple, inexpensive hack can come in handy! All you need is a ripe banana and you are ready for pimple fighting!
So why does rubbing a banana peel on your pimples work to get rid of them? Banana peels are full of Vitamins A, B, C and E, which all contribute to healthy skin. They contain Zinc, Manganese and Iron which all work to calm inflammation. Banana peels are also antiseptic and contain antioxidants, all which help to reduce breakouts and control infections.
If you don't have a problem with breakouts, treating skin with banana peel is also good for reducing the appearance of wrinkles, treating psoriasis, eczema and cracked heels and also treating plantar warts.
There are no nasty side effects from using banana peel to treat breakouts, so really you have nothing to loose by giving it a go. Let us know if it works for you!
1. Wash your skin so it is free from dirt, makeup or oils
2. Select a banana that is ripe with brown spots on the peel.
3. Remove the banana from the peel (eat it or store it for another use, you don't need it for this)
4. Cut or tear off a chunk of the peel
5. Rub the inside of the peel (white side) on your skin for 10 minutes until the inside of the peel goes brown. Discard the piece and keep going with a fresh piece, continue until your face is covered.
6. Let the residue sit on your skin like a mask for at least 30 minutes, it is best to leave it on overnight for better results.
7. The next day rinse your face with water.
8. Repeat the process over a few days to clear the skin.