The Rise Of The Liquid Lipsticks
Matte Liquid Lipsticks have, by far, been the biggest trend of 2016. From Kylie Jenner's cult status liquid lipsticks to every major brand releasing a Liquid Lipstick formula this year, you would be crazy not to be onboard with this trend!
So what makes Liquid Lipsticks so popular? They are easy to apply, usually transfer proof, long lasting, full coverage and come in a huge array of colours, from crazy to classic there is literally a shade to suit everyone!
Here are our top tips to get the best look out of your liquid lipsticks.
- Preparation is key! Due to their matte finish, if you apply liquid lipsticks over dry chapped lips, you are not going to have a good time! Start by exfoliating your lips, you can use either a lip scrub, an old toothbrush or even a damp towel. You want to get rid of any dry flaky skin on and around the lips, then apply a lip balm to add moisture to the lips prior to application of the liquid lipstick.
- Don't apply too much. The best trick here is to wipe the excess off the wand on the inside of the tube before applying to the lips. Liquid Lipsticks are highly pigmented, so if you go overboard you are going to end up with it everywhere & it will be harder to get a nice edge around the lip. Most brands of liquid lipstick can be applied in layers if you feel you need more coverage.
- Create custom colours. It is super easy to create your own custom colours with liquid lipsticks by mixing different colours together! Mix together and apply with a lip brush for a perfect shade that is just for you. Liquid Lipsticks are also great to create different effects on the lips. Do a darker shade on the outside of the lip & a lighter colour on the inner section of the lip and blend with a lip brush for a cool ombre effect! Because they are mostly transfer proof you can also do different colours on the top and bottom lips.
- If they feel too drying apply a lip balm over the top. All Liquid Lipsticks have different formulas, some are more drying then others. If your lips feel too dry or uncomfortably tight try applying a lip balm over the top for a bit more moisture and a soft sheen.
- Remove with waterproof makeup remover. Liquid Lipsticks have staying power and most times need a little more help to come off. Use a waterproof makeup remover to remove the product or you can also use coconut oil. Rub over the lips to lift the colour from the lips and then wipe away with a cloth or tissue, wash your face as normal to get any residue off the skin.
No matter what the occasion or look you are going for there will be a Liquid Lipstick that is perfect for you! If you haven't already, Liquid Lipsticks are definitely the trend to get on board with, it doesn't look like they are going anywhere soon!